I was born in 1971, in Tokat/Turkey. I graduated from Gazi Osman Paşa High School in Tokat. I completed my education in Erciyes University School of Medicine in the year 1997. I participated in training sessions in the Department of Forensic Medicine in Trakya University between the years 1998 and 2000. Additionally, I completed my specialism in Brain Surgery Department of Istanbul University School of Medicine between the years 2000 and 2006. As a clinical observer, I participated in the operations held in Univ. DegliStudiDi Napoli Federico II for 3 months. Following completion of my duty in Italy, I acted as a physician Istanbul Paşabahçe State Hospital. During that period, I participated in the spinal surgery training held by Prof. Med. Jurgen Harms, M.D. in Karlsbad/Germany for three months as a clinical observer. During my services in Paşabahçe State Hospital, I provided services in each section of brain surgery and particularly in spinal surgery dominantly in the surgery of pituitary with endoscopic endonasal approach. I am married and have three children.
Educational Background and Seminars
- Endoscopic Endonasal Skull Base Surgery, 6th International Hands-on Workshop, Naples, Italy, 2006
- 3rd Meeting Beneventano di Neurochirurgia, Benevento, Italy, 2006
- Ballon Khyphoplasty Surgeon Training Program, Salzburg, Austria, 2007
- Transsphenoidal surgery for pituitary adenomas, Vienna, Austria, 2007
- Neuroendoscopy Course, Versailles, France, 2007
- Neural Theraphy of Huneke Part I&II, Istanbul, Turkey, 2006
- Basic Course in Laboratory Animals Science, Kayseri, Turkey, 2005
- IVth International Congress on Cerebral Venous System and Meningiomas &Annual Meeting of Turkish Neurosurgical Society, Istanbul, Turkey, 2002
- Spinal Fusion Symposium of Turkish Neurosurgical Society, Eskisehir, Turkey, 2002
- Surgery of spine and peripheral nerves, Malpractice, Complications, Analysis Symposium, Bodrum, Turkey, 2003
- Annual Meeting of Neurvous System Surgery Society, Istanbul, Turkey, 2005
- Hydrocephalus Symposium of Turkish Neurosurgery Society, Aydin, Turkey, 2001
- Endoscopic Hypophyseal Surgery, 3rd Feyyaz Berkay Days, Istanbul, Turkey, 2005
- XVth Annual Meeting of Turkish Neurosurgical Society, Antalya, Turkey, 2001
Publications in International Journals
- Cavallo LM, de Divitiis O, Aydin S, Messina A, Esposito F, Iaconetta G, Talat K, Cappabianca P, Tschabitscher M.: Extended endoscopic endonasal transsphenoidal approach to the suprasellar area: anatomic considerations–part 1. Neurosurgery. 2008 Jun;62(6 Suppl 3):1202-12. (6 Suppl 3):1202-12.
- Cavallo LM, de Divitiis O, Aydin S, Messina A, Esposito F, Iaconetta G, Talat K, Cappabianca P, Tschabitscher M.: Extended endoscopic endonasal transsphenoidal approach to the suprasellar area: anatomic considerations–part 1. Neurosurgery. 2007 Sep;61(3 Suppl):24-33; discussion 33-4. Review.
- Erdine S, Yucel A, Cimen A, Aydin S, Sav A, Bilir A.: Effects of pulsed versus conventional radiofrequency current on rabbit dorsal root ganglion morphology.Eur J Pain. 2005 Jun;9(3):251-6.
- Aydin S, Cavallo LM, Messina A, Dal Fabbro M, Cappabianca P, Barlas O, De Divitiis E.: The endoscopic endonasal trans-sphenoidal approach to the sellar and suprasellar area. Anatomic study. J Neurosurg Sci. 2007 Sep;51(3):129-38.
Books and Presentations
- Anatomy and Surgery of the Endoscopic Endonasal Approach. In: Endoscopic Pituitary and Skull Base Surgery,. Cappabianca P, Cavallo LM, de Divitiis(eds). Tuttlingen, Germany, 2008.